ION™ SA5600-SAL - Avaya® SAL Edition Secure Appliance
The ION™ SA5600-SAL: Avaya® SAL Edition is a security appliance with a full Standalone SAL Gateway preinstalled, which provides IP and secure dial-up connectivity* to Avaya and heritage Nortel systems. The easy-to-install appliance allows technicians, service providers, and Avaya Support Services to conduct remote troubleshooting and maintenance of critical systems.
For Avaya customers who are looking to deploy Avaya SAL Gateway, the ION SA5600-SAL appliance offers a hassle-free alternative. While Avaya SAL software is free, installing the Gateway solution requires a separate server, RedHat® license, Linux® knowledge, and a skilled engineer to complete the setup. With the ION SA5600-SAL packaged solution, organizations can eliminate these additional steps and associated costs.
The ION SA5600-SAL supports up to 400 managed devices and eliminates the need for a dedicated SAL server. This enables Avaya users to reduce setup time and eliminate implementation costs, quickly realizing the benefits of the SAL platform. For organizations with limited technical resources, this packaged solution offers a convenient way to realize the leading security and fast trouble resolution benefits of SAL quickly and cost effectively.* Dial-up access for customer and third party provider use only. Avaya Support Services does not support dial-up connectivity.
Avaya® is a registered trademark of Avaya, Inc. RedHat® is a registered trademark of RedHat, Inc. Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Ideal for SMB & Enterprise deployments
- Installs in under 10 minutes
- No Linux or OS experience needed
- Remote dial-up (out-of-band) support for installations and Moves Adds Changes (MAC)
- Meets enterprise security requirements
- Appliance form factor offers ease of deployment.
- Includes pre-installed Avaya Standalone Secure Access Link Gateway.
- SAL supports Avaya systems. Visit support.avaya.com for the latest compatibility list.
- Internal modem(s) v.90/56Kflex, RJ11 or ISDN-BRI
- 2 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Local: Aux port (300bps-115.2Kbps)
- IP: SSH
- 1.2GHz VIA Nano X2 (Dual Core) Processor
- Storage Capacity: 160GB
- System Memory: 2GB
- Diagnostic LEDs: Power, Activity
Approvals & Certifications
- FCC Part 15, Class A; EN55022, Class A; EN50024
- UL E232655, ITE 55DB, CE
- RoHS/WEEE (SA5610, SA5620, SA5630 models)
Physical Description & Operating Environment
- 12in W x 1.75in H x 11in D; 6 lbs.
- Power: 100-240VAC 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 113ºF (0º to 45ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -4º to 140ºF (-20º to 60ºC)
- Humidity: 10% to 90% noncondensing
- Shelf, Wall, Rack Mount (Optional)
- 48 Volt power supply
- Rack mount kit
- Serial cables
- Media Room
- Investor Relations